I realize I’m a little late on the goals-for-the-new-year bandwagon. Had I written this list on January 1st my list would be entirely different. A lot has happened since and I finally got around to thinking about the year ahead. I have deemed 2012 – The Year Of Caryn and I have a whole new set of goals that I hope to accomplish this year.
Goals For The Year Of Caryn:
- Focus on me. Discover who Caryn is as an individual. Do some soul-searching – figure out what makes me happy and what makes me tick.
- Put my needs first. Don’t do something just to please others. If it is something that I don’t want to do or that doesn’t make me happy, DON’T do it. (This is liberating!) Also note: It’s okay to be selfish sometimes.
- Make time to do the things that I’ve always wanted to do but made excuses for, never thought I would have time to do or never thought the time was right.
- Follow my dreams.
- Get in shape – this includes running more, attending yoga and core fusion more often and completing a month of Jillian’s 30 day shred.
- Find space between digital world and real world. Disconnect from constantly being connected. Turn off the cell phone and computer once in a while.
- Take a photography class & learn to use a DSLR camera.
- Buy that DSLR camera.
- Be more proactive about reaching out to those I love. So many wonderful people have come into my life recently, don’t take them for granted.
- Surround myself with those who make me happy. If someone doesn’t make me feel happy/smart/cool/pretty/nice/thin/safe to be my true self/smart enough – then take a step back and re-evaluate the friendship. I want to surround myself with people who make me feel happy and alive and appreciate me.
- Stay on top of my ideas for blog content and post in a timely fashion. I have 63 drafts just waiting to be finished and published.
- Personal posts are okay but add more inspiring content too. The intent of the blog is not to be a diary.
- Don’t feel pressured to post if it has been a while. It is my blog and I should only post when I have content I want to share.
- Create a new blog name. Please feel free to submit suggestions. Seriously.
- Buy my own domain with said new blog name.
- Hold more contests, interviews, giveaways etc. Be a more active blogger but still adhere to Goal 3.
- Embrace all that blogging has brought into my world and continue to grow with it.
- Learn CSS and improve technical skills
What are your goals for 2012?